Pages

Monday, January 21, 2013

Claiming Mariah

Claiming Mariah by Pam Hillman

I've recently joined the Tyndale Blog network.  It's an amazing opportunity to review books through this publisher of quality Christian Fiction.  The first book I've read is Claiming Mariah, by Pam Hillman.  I was completely absorbed by her wonderful word pictures and the way she spun the story. Here's my review!


4.0 out of 5 stars Great story with vivid word picturesJanuary 21, 2013
This review is from: Claiming Mariah (Kindle Edition)
This was my first book by this author and I will be reading anything else she releases. Claiming Mariah was a wonderful and warming story on how God brings all things full circle and to benefit those who call upon his name. Mariah was faced with many choices, all of which could have left her bitter, cynical and blaming God. Slade grew up on the wrong side of the tracks and blames God for his father's drunken abuse. Together they find the beauty of redeeming love, both in each other and in God.

This is a very clean romance. The author does a wonderful job of creating emotional sparks without adding in any unnecessary detail, although I must admit, a little more detail wouldn't have hurt either. It is a great and enjoyable read and I highly recommend it.

I received this book as part of a blog network through Tyndale, the publisher. However all opinions and statements on this book are my own.
Why no voting buttons? We don't let customers vote on their own reviews, so the voting buttons appear only when you look at reviews submitted by others.



I really suggest you check out this author.  I'm going to be watching to see if she does another boom about Slade's brother, Buck!  Here's the buy link!

1 comment:

  1. Eden, thanks for the review! And...yes, Buck does tend to steal your heart, doesn't he? I haven't met a woman yet who doesn't want to take him home with them. His story, like the man himself, is a work in progress. Stay tuned... :)

    ReplyDelete